Pimp C Died Of Overdose (exclusive)

The L.A. County Coroner has determined that Pimp C’s death was due to complications stemming from sleep apnea and an accidental overdose of prescibed codeine.

Despite previous reports that Pimp C died of natural causes, according to TMZ, the Port Arthur rapper had a pre-existing sleeping disorder that made it hard for him to breathe. Combined with his codeine consumption, it proved to be deadly.

Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter explained Pimp C’s death to The Houston Chronicle; “[With] sleep apnea, you stop breathing. Coupled with a medication that suppresses your respiratory abilities, you end up with an accidental death.”

Pimp C (born Chad Butler) who was one half of seminal Southern rap group UGK, along with Bun B, often rhymed about drinking “Sizzurp” – an illegal beverage whose main ingredient includes codeine. In 2000, rap innovator DJ Screw, also died from a heart attack attributed to a codeine overdose and last year Houston rapper Big Moe, 33, died of a heart attack which many believed to be connected to drink.

Pimp C died last year on December 4 at only 33 years-old. He was found dead in his bed at the Mondrian Hotel in Hollywood.