Rather than fight the felony gun charges that he was hit with last year, platinum rapper The Game has opted to face the music in a Los Angeles jail.
As SOHH previously reported, the West Coast rapper (born Jayceon Taylor) is being accused of making criminal threats, possessing a firearm in a school zone, and exhibiting a firearm in the presence of an officer after allegedly getting into a fight during a pick-up game of basketball.
The alleged incident went down at South L.A.’s Rita Walters Educational Learning Complex on February 24 of last year. The Game pled not guilty to all charges in September and was looking at five years if convicted.
Now The Game has changed his mind, opting to save his money instead of fight the case. In the debut issue of new hip-hop magazine MONSTA, Game says that he’s copping to guilt in court, even though he’s really innocent.
“The crazy part about this is that I’ve had guns before in my life,” he explained. “But this time I didn’t have a gun. And because one person said I had a gun and coaxed his homies into saying that I had a gun, I’m in a predicament where I’m asking, Do I want to spend another million dollars to fight this trial so who knows what jury’s gonna come in and say I’m guilty? Or do I want to save my money, go sit down for four months and accept this felony they’re trying to give me for no reason?”
Game reveals the news of his four month bid in the premiere issue of MONSTA magazine, a new venture from the former Source magazine owners Dave Mays and Raymond “Benzino” Scott.
Benzino recently told SOHH in an earlier interview, that MONSTA is poised to crush the competition.
“We’re coming right after The Source, XXL, Vibe and Complex,” he told SOHH exclusively. “I don’t even know if [Complex] is selling that many magazines, but them too. Give us one year and believe me we’ll be knocking The Source, XXL, Vibe and all of the other mags out the box.”
The debut issue of MONSTA hits newsstands on February 12.
Leave a Comment